October 26, 2016
Executive Director – Energy, Vision, Community Development Expertise required
The Kleinburg Business Improvement Area (KBIA) is seeking a self-motivated professional with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Experience with governance and building stakeholder relationships is a must in order to execute the daily operations of the KBIA.
About the KBIA
The KBIA is a not-for-profit organization that supports and strengthens local businesses. It helps to promote Kleinburg as a shopping and business destination.
The KBIA’s mission is: :
To lead and advocate for the KBIA members and act as the catalyst for building strong and unified community partnerships and collaborations; to promote the businesses in the Village of Kleinburg and leverage all of our cultural, artistic, historical and natural assets; to create an energetic, vibrant and unique commercial district that is dynamic from dawn ’til dusk.
Scope of Work
- Engage the membership
- Develop, execute, monitor and report on the various programs set out by the KBIA Board of Directors.
- Develop and nurture stakeholder relationships – community, municipal and neighbourhood.
- Find creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Inspire member participation
Main Areas of Responsibility:
The Executive Director will operate under the direction of the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director position is an exciting and challenging role that will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the BIA in an engaging, ethical and professional manner.
The ED will, amongst other things:
- Speak with members on a daily basis
- Manage Social Media channels
- Update the website
- Answer Member enquiries, resolving issues when needed.
- Liaise with local stakeholders and partners including the City of Vaughan, the Kleinburg Area Residents’ Association, Trees for Kleinburg, the Vaughan Chamber of Commerce,
- Manage local events set up.
- Engage in marketing activities
- Act as secretary at Board related meetings
- Perform tasks as assigned by the Board of Directors
The ability to engage is imperative to this role. A facilitator and consensus-builder that can multi-task is required.
Desired skill set to include but not be limited to:
- Proven leadership abilities, excellent inter-personal and communications skills.
- Proven planning, organization and project management skills.
- Proven ability to engage and interact positively with stakeholders (business and property owners), and facilitate meaningful dialogue between groups with different mandates and priorities.
- Experience working with and providing support to boards of management/directors.
- Understanding of small business entrepreneurship is an asset.
- Minimum of two years related work experience.
This is a part time position with a revolving work week. The location of the contract is flexible and may require both time in the KBIA and work from home. We are searching for a contractor who is willing to help be part of this awesome team of volunteers who need help beginning January 2017. The Executive director will be expected to commit a minimum of 10 hours per week, with many of them on site in Kleinburg.
Is this you? To apply, send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
Application deadline is Monday, November 28/ 2016